TDN Connect is a new multi-faceted program series, designed to help you learn new independent living skills by inviting you to participate in recreation and leisure programs.
Our new series includes adaptive cooking, exercise, crafting, book club, and mental health check-ins with tips & techniques. We are creating spaces for you to thrive and enjoy the social, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits of recreational programming.
In person events are held at The Disability Network unless otherwise stated. RSVP / registration is required for all classes. Please call or text Tarah at 810-730-0734 to save your spot in TDN Connect.
- Adaptive Cooking – “A Taste of Independence” is a virtual, adaptive cooking program designed to help individuals navigate the kitchen easier, as well as share their unique cooking experiences with their peers.
- Energize with Exercise – Though a partnership with Valley Area on Aging, individuals are able to participate in a seated workout program designed to help you get active and moving. The focus areas will be alleviating symptoms of arthritis, as well as improving balance, coordination, and core stability.
- Crafting Club – A program designed to get your creative juices flowing. This includes holiday themed activities, as well as crafts that will help you find joy and contentment in your leisure time.
- Beyond the Book Club – “Reading a book is like re-writing the story for yourself.” This program is designed to promote meaningful conversations that go beyond the words written on a page. This program will help you reflect on our own personal experiences, while learning to empathize with the experiences of others.
- Mental Health Check-Ins – This is a open environment designed to help you learn tips & techniques on how to navigate the ups and downs of life. If you’re looking for a safe space to share your sentiments, manage stress, or ideas on how to respond to traumatic events then this program is for you! This program will be facilitated by a Master level Social Worker and a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
If you are not registered for a program or if you would like to register for additional programs, please call 810-742-1800.